Alright folks, wanna know what the heck is going on behind the dish? My growing Art of Catching video library is the easiest way to learn the mechanics, techniques, and mental approaches that’ll help you excel as a player or coach. Heck, it’ll enhance your enjoyment of the game even if you’re just a curious fan.
As of this moment, I’ve got six in-depth clips available. For under $5 these videos give you the opportunity to drastically cut your learning curve and learn the position from a guy who caught well over 1000 games in the Big Leagues and is one of only a handful that can properly teach catching.
Here are the titles of the clips and what they’re about….
1. “Athletic Foundation” – (this one is free by the way!) A 6 minute video on the correct body positions that will maximize your God given talent regardless of what athletic endeavour you pursue. It’ll give you a great foundation for all of your catching mechanics. click here for preview
2. “Catcher Stances” – A 14 minute clip covering the three catching stances you’ll use to become a productive backstop. click here for preview.
3. “Catcher’s Off-Set Technique” – I like to work from the ground up. This 7 minute video, along with the clip called “drop knee” will teach you how the lower body should move to properly receive, block, and anticipate pitches. This is a must for any aspiring catcher. click here for preview.
4. “Catcher’s Drop-Knee Approach” – Part 2 of how a catcher’s lower body should move. This 8 minute clip defines and teaches the proper way to use the drop knee. This is a very important tool (but highly misunderstood) that every catcher should have in his tool box. Once again, learn this from one of the pioneers of this approach. click here for preview.
5. “Glove Mechanics / How a Catcher Receives a Ball” – The title pretty much sums it up. This 14 minute clip contains everything I know on how to properly, safely, and effectively catch a pitch. Tons of information that will make receiving a heck of a lot easier. click here for preview.
6. “How to Block a Ball in the Dirt” – A very detailed 17 minute clip that’ll turn you into a human backstop. Period. click here for preview.
What do you have to loose? A couple bucks? How much is it worth to learn the proper way to receive the ball so you don’t break your thumb? Coaches, how much is it worth to stop watching your catchers run to the backstop because they don’t know how to block a ball. How much is it worth to take your game to the next level? Remember, you’re playing a position that is ripe with opportunity – the high schools, colleges, and even professional ranks are crying out for someone who get the job done behind the dish.
It’s much cheaper than a private lesson with me and much more convenient. Give them a try. If they don’t dramatically improve your skills and enjoyment of the game, I’ll refund every cent!!!